Suzanne talks with Rollo Tomassi, author of The Rational Male.
Rollo is also the author of the Rational Male blog, which is now in its 9th year. He has a one-year old YouTube channel with 34K subscribers and growing and was one of the principle creators of the Red Man Group.
Rollo has been married to his wife for 23 years and has a 21-year-old daughter in college. He lives in Reno, Nevada with anywhere between 2 to 5 greyhounds depending on how many he’s fostering at the time
Rollo’s website is www.therationalmale.com
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Feminism has conditioned males to become more feminine, more beta
- We live in a global, sexual marketplace which has affected how men and women mate
- For women, when looking for a long-term mate, being “alpha” is more about owning your masculinity than about how much money you have, your looks, social status, etc.
- The Soulmate Myth: There’s no such thing as the One. The soul mate mentality is not a good way to plan your life
- Hypergamy is how women select their mates (mating strategy)
- Women’s and men’s sexual market value timeline is not the same (a woman’s SVM tops out around 23. Around 27-30, the realization sinks in that they must trade in their party years and find a mate)
- Women tend to find men that are 3-5 years older than they are; men tend to find women between the ages of 22-23 are most attractive
- We’re still clinging to equality, or the “clean slate” theory that men and women are the same
- Men and women are better together than they are apart
- It is impossible for a woman to be as sexual as a man, based on biological factors.
- Men’s sexual strategy is unlimited access to unlimited sexuality.
- Women have reproductive costs that men don’t have